Delhi Building Collapse: 2 Dead, 12 Rescued And Many Feared Trapped In Burari

3

New Delhi: At least two people lost their lives after a four-storey building collapsed in Delhi’s Burari area on Monday evening. The building collapsed at around 6:30 pm in Burari’s Kaushik Enclave. So far, authorities have rescued 12 people, reported ANI. Several people are still feared trapped under debris.

The rescue operation is currently underway. It is being carried out by the Delhi Police, Delhi Fire Services, District Disaster Management Authority (DDMA), and the National Disaster Response Force (NDRF).

As per the policy, they received a call regarding the incident at 6:58 pm. Delhi Chief Minister Atishi assured the affected people of all possible help.

Visuals From The Spot:

FPJ Shorts
Forever In Rhythm: Ojas Adhiya's Tribute To Zakir Hussain And Pankaj Udhas
Forever In Rhythm: Ojas Adhiya’s Tribute To Zakir Hussain And Pankaj Udhas

Tragic! 17-Year-Old Class 12 Student Dies By Suicide After Jumping From 3rd Floor Of Mall In Mohali (VIDEO)
Tragic! 17-Year-Old Class 12 Student Dies By Suicide After Jumping From 3rd Floor Of Mall In Mohali (VIDEO)

Mumbai News: 40-Year-Old Businessman Alleges ₹7 Crore Fraud By Borivali Lab; Case Registered At Pantnagar Police Station
Mumbai News: 40-Year-Old Businessman Alleges ₹7 Crore Fraud By Borivali Lab; Case Registered At Pantnagar Police Station

PBKS Vs RR, IPL 2025, Match 18: Rajasthan Royals Secure A Thrilling 50-Run Victory Over Punjab Kings
PBKS Vs RR, IPL 2025, Match 18: Rajasthan Royals Secure A Thrilling 50-Run Victory Over Punjab Kings

“This incident of building collapse in Burari is extremely sad. I have spoken to the local administration to ensure speedy relief and rescue operations. All possible help will be provided to the affected people,” Atishi said in her X post.

Bharatiya Janata Party MP Manoj Tiwari inspected the search and rescue operations on Monday night. “It was a 4-storey building and the construction was completed. The POP work for finishing was underway… As per the police reports, 20-22 people were trapped… 12 people have been rescued. The NDRF is at the spot,” said Tiwari as quoted by ANI.

Read Also
Ghatkopar Hoarding Collapse Case: Sessions Court Rejects Bail Plea Of Key Accused Arshad Khan Amid…
article-image

He further claimed that there is “no doubt” that there was negligence on someone’s part for this collapse.

“There is no doubt that there is a huge negligence. A newly-built four-storey building has collapsed… Whoever is responsible will not be spared,” he told ANI.

“The condition of one girl child is very serious… The rest of the people have been sent to the hospital and they are out of danger,” Tiwari said.

<!– Published on: Tuesday, January 28, 2025, 08:50 AM IST –>
<!–

–>

Previous articleElon Musk changes his name on X again after Kekius Maximus. This time it’s…
Next articleLiverpool vs. Everton prediction, odds, time: Free 2025 Premier League expert picks for Wednesday, April 2